Monday, May 5, 2014

1st Modern Quilt Show Australia

What a fantastic weekend we had at the first ever Modern Quilt Show in Berry this weekend.

I honestly have never seen so many quilts that I loved in one show. The standard was incredible and the girls from the Wollongong Modern Quilt Guild did such an amazing job pulling it all together!

So how about a bit of show and tell? Please excuse the photography, most of these were taken with one hand while trying to kidrangle 4 children. Said kids got a bit feral, so I didn't get pics of everything I liked, but here is a few of the gorgeous quilts.

These are the challenge quilts made by the the GWSMQG.
 This is Robyn Shipton's Quilt. Robyn was awarded 1st place in the Peoples Choice competition on Saturday and 2nd in the People's Choice on Sunday. Such a beautiful Quilt!
 Here is Robyn's Quilt next to mine. My 'Summer Rain' Quilt was awarded 2nd place in the Peoples Choice competition on Saturday and 1st in the People's Choice on Sunday. We basically switched places each day :)
 This quilt was, would you believe the very first quilt that Christine Higgins had ever made!

 I loved this quilt! By Monica Raven.

 This quilt was fantastic, I wish I could have taken a picture of the back. There was a huge amount of double sided quilts at the show. This one by Kerrie Metcalfe.

 The effervescent Molli Sparkles, Herringbone Quilt. Who doesn't love a good rainbow!

 Jessica Wheelahan's Aloft.

 This quilt made the dresden fan inside me very happy! While I was mesmerised by the quilting!


 Crystal Prior's - Modern Medallion

 Kathy Thorncraft's - Skill builder BOM

 Of course Sarah Fielke's - The night Garden. One of the quilts I really really enjoyed seeing up close and personal!

 Amy Gunson's Fine Feathered

 And of course here is the winning quilt! This is Molli Sparkles Quilt Sparkleworks (this is the back of the quilt). As Molli was presented his brand new Bernina for winning the Best in Show, he was showered in sparkles by the girls from the guild. Was such a cute moment! Even cuter was standing next to Mr Sparkles and hearing him giggle with such pride when Molli Sparkles (aka Josh) was awarded his prize!
 This is the front of 'Sparkleworks'.

 The quilting on this quilt was flawless! Again by Gemma Jackson of Pretty Bobbins.

 I was so excited to meet both Molli and Mr Sparkles and couldn't resist asking for a shot of their shoes... I really should have taken a pic of their faces, but their shoes were just too cute!
 Here are my awards, I couldn't believe I got 1st place on Sunday, I was so shocked I was shaking the whole time and I still have no idea what I said while accepting the award! 

Unfortunately my baby boy freaked out at this moment, so poor hubby missed out on seeing the presentation, but my other 3 babies followed me up onto the stage...

I'm so excited and inspired! I can't wait till next year! Time to get out the sketch book and draw out all these ideas before I forget them all :)

Hugs Paula

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award for your gorgeous quilt and thanks for the photos - so many wonderful quilts !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Sản phẩm may dua vong là quà tặng tuyệt vời giúp bé yêu ngủ ngon giấc, là phương pháp ru con thời hiện đại của các ông bố bà mẹ bận rộn. Hệ thống website máy đưa võng TS của An Thái Sơn gồm: Mayduavong.me, Mayduavong.mobi, Mayduavong.wsMayduavong.in giúp bé ngủ ngon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very heart touching blog. Thanks for sharing this kind of blog. Fifty Shades Freed Black Jacket
    . this is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete