Friday, March 11, 2011

Sit Me Up Donut free Insert Pattern

As you know, I recently started publishing my own patterns. The most popular of these by far has been the Sit Me Up Donut, modelled here by my gorgeous girl Emma.
When I made this pattern I always had the intention of making a round cushion to fit inside it, so that as your kids grow they can still use the donut, So today I got busy and made up my insert and even got time to write the pattern too! (wonders will never cease) :)
I got the cushion finished this morning and each child who has walked into my house today has headed straight for it. :) Jack had a great time 'reading', I didn't have the heart to tell him the book was upside down hahaha.

Anyway as a thank you to all the amazing people who have bought my patterns I have put together a free PDF Tutorial for you, you can download it from here.

Just to let you know my insert looks a bit bigger than the donut. This is because the stuffing in the donut has compressed a bit from everyday use, the insert will level out too over time and will be even with the top of the donut.

I'll be putting together some of the pictures that I have been sent of others donuts too, so if you have already made one, please send me a picture I love looking at each and every one!
 My blog is also getting a bit of an overhawl in the next few days, so please come back often :)

Hugs Paula xxx

11 comments:

  1. A wonderful idea Paula, thanks for sharing the PDF ...will have to add it to my 'to be made' list for my little great niece :-)
    Happy stitching, P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog Paula. It was good emailing back and forth today. Sue Mallee Country Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with this donut and I don't have any babies anymore (in fact, my youngest is 11) but I still intend to make one of these! Gorgeous, thank you for sharing. Hope its easy enough for a beginner like me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, OOPSIE! Ok I see now that I will need to purchase the donut patt to go with the insert. Blonde moment! :) Still absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula
    I have purchased your Sit Me Up Donut pattern and have tried to download the free insert pattern to go with it, but the link doesn't seem to be working
    Regards
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula
    I have just downloaded the insert for my donut, thank you. I will send a photo when i have it all completed
    Gill (Melbourne, Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to the link to order the Sit Me Up and that pattern is not there? Where would I order from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pat,
    sorry I can't reply to you personally.. I am just in the process of setting up a shop to attatch to my blog, if you want to email me I will let you know when the patterns are ready to go.. Or you can buy direct from my distributor at http://www.hugsnkisses.net/index.php/shop/designerfriends/paula-storm-designs
    Thanks so much for dropping by :)
    Hugs Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Paula, I recently purchased the sit me up donut pattern and wanted to download the insert. However I cannot find the PDF. Can you direct me to the patten?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also bought the pattern for the donut but can not find the insert pillow anywhere. All the links to the pattern are broken. Can you please tell me how to find the pattern for the insert and update the posts? It is 2022 and the PINS are still showing up in Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I purchased your Sit me up Donut pattern years ago at your shop at Nimmitabel. Finally made the donut and love it. Granddaughter will soon need the insert. I'd love your insert pattern but unable to access through the broken links! Leonie 12 August 2022

    ReplyDelete