Sunday, August 3, 2014

HQ Sweet Sixteen Sunday - Free motion quilting with Metallic threads

This week Sweet Sixteen Sunday is a little different, I decided I just wanted to play and practice my free motion quilting. I also wanted to test out some new metallic threads that I bought for a special project.

This is what I'm making in this weeks video:
There are 14 different free motion designs in this project. To be honest I had no idea what I was going to quilt from one section to the next, but I knew I wanted to do a different design in each section and I kind of just went with the flow.

I decided to quilt angular (straight line) designs in one section and then swirly designs in the next. It was just so much fun!

I also show you how I transfer the name onto my quilt using a print out from my computer.



I hope you have a 'Sweet Sunday' :)

Hugs Paula

1 comment: