Thursday, February 19, 2009

Christmas Decorations

Here's some of my patchwork christmas decorations. this one was based on a miniture kit my mum gave me a few years ago, but Ive lost the pattern so I'm sorry I can't give credit to the designer.



This one is made from a hatched and patched book called A Christmas Story
a fantastic book that I made heaps of projects from. I love Anni's style of applique. I tend to prefer doing blanket stitch applique over needle turn though so I've made that change. I'm much neater at that. Speaking about applique I have recently joined a yahoo group called scquilters and they have a list of members who are having a hard time and you can mail them a block with a heart on it. I decided to make 5 different heart blocks and try all the different types of applique to see which I prefer. I'll post about that when Ive finished them all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paula,
    I'll try to find my old drawings for the canvas work with ribbons and bring it on Tuesday.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete