Sunday, February 19, 2012

Score!!!

Wow 2 blog posts in 2 days, I'm on a roll :)

When I started work at My Patch Fabrics in Milton Val had these gorgeous chairs that she had recovered. I just loved them and was devestated when they sold a few weeks ago.
But when they sold it inspiredme to go searching for a restoration project of my own. So we packed the babys into the car and went for a drive out to the local rubbish dump Shop, I had never heard of the tip having a shop, but boy was I glad I took that drive!

Apart from the interesting smell that wafted through every now and then, I had an absolute ball looking through all the stuff that had been salvaged from the land fill.

I spotted these awesome chairs and apart from needing a good sand they are in excellent shape!
 There was 6 dining chairs and I knew I had to have them before I even got a close look at them. I asked the guy how much they would be and guess what they were $2 each!!!! So for $12 I have a beautiful set of 6 dining chairs that I absolutely LOVE!
 Can you imagine, a bit of a sand, a coat of white paint some super cute cushions! I'm so excited about them :)
Heres the detail on the backs of the chairs. So gorgeous! I can't wait to get started!

Hugs Paula

2 comments:

  1. I too was inspired by Val's chairs. Today I bought 2 chairs at $5 each and I am going to have a go at recovering myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are they coming along? I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete