Sunday, June 10, 2012

Milton Uladulla Quilt Show

If you've been following me on Facebook you know that this weekend was the Bi-annual Milton Ulladulla Quilt Show. This is not a judged show, but there is prizes for the peoples choice and a few other categories... Unfortunately I had to leave before the awards were handed out, but I did get the chance to take some pictures, so I thought I would share the pictures with you.

This was the raffle Quilt that welcomed us as we walked into the Ex-servos club. A stunning Quilt that was made by the Milton Quilters, I didn't win it unfortunately...
I got there super early this morning because yesterday we were so busy on our stand that I didn't even get to see the quilts, I was so early that the ladies hadn't even cracked open the bag of White gloves :)
 There was some beautiful Quilts!
This one featured a different take on the Jacobs Ladder block and some stunning hand embroidery.
 I was very taken with this lovely New York Beauty!
 There was a huge amount of Baltimore style quilts too, I loved the swag border on this quilt

 I was extremely impressed by this 1/2" hexy quilt! It's still in progress but wow there is a ton of hexagons in this insanity quilt!
I was totally taken with the quality of the needleturn in this quilt! The colours were just stunning to! It was one of my favourite quilts of the show.
 Here's a close up, just beautiful work!
 My Mum is working on a version of this quilt, its lovely.
 Another thing I noticed about the show was that there was a large amount of machine embroidery, this one was a wallhanging.
 Some really lovely work.
 Here was another of my favourites! Made by a really close friend of my Mums, Margaret made this quilt. It was designed by Aussie designer Libby Richardson.
 There was so much detail in this quilt and heaps of gorgeous buttons!
This quilt was Huge! at least a King Bed size.
 And my favourite Wallhanging was this stunning quilt. It was hand painted and some stunning quilting!
Heres a close up of the beautiful little fairy.
  A cute version of the bugs quilt, I just love the bright fabrics
 This quilt was so effective. It is a Quilt as you go, flip and stitch style quilt.
Heres another favourite, it combines a heap of 3D pieces and the New York beauty block.
 This lady made me laugh! I love the scissors in her hair hahaha
 Here have a closer look :)
 Here's a few of the things I made for our stand, did I tell you I bought a new sewing Machine? It is amazing!! I'm totally smitten with my new Husqvarna Viking Saphire 875, I used some of the fancy stitches on the machine to make this embroidered piece for the stool and I used the new Couching foot for the cushion and some leftover binding to add the ruffle using the ruffling foot. It took about half an hour from start to finish! The free motion couching is definately my favourite thing to do at the moment :)
 This is where I spent the weekend. I was demonstrating the Westalee Rulers and we sold out, it was a fantastic weekend!

Sorry the picture is a bit blurry, but this is our block of the month, a Wendy Williams Quilt. Also the start of my new quilt using the Dresden Plate rulers again from Westalee Designs.
I hope you had as great a weekend as I did!

Hugs Paula

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paula
    Love your page.
    Fabulous show. So many beautiful quilts and the handwork.
    Cant wait for the next show. Fancy having to wait 2 more years.
    Regards Lynda

    ReplyDelete