Sunday, August 2, 2009

Free Embroidery Applique Pattern Spring Garden

Ok friends here it is

It is a very rough pattern, but as so many of you wanted it, I didn't want to make you wait for me to draft up a better copy, so it is just a pencil drawing, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

I used 2 embroidery threads throughout and the stems are worked in Stem stitch as is the tail of the bird and the second flower, the swirly one. For this I used an opalesent thread from DMC, while the dragon fly and the running stitch inside the last flower is worked in Rayon. It just gives a bit of shimmer when the sun catches it.

The embroidered flowers at the bottom are just lazy daisy stitches with the pink one having two rows, the first longer than the second and the middle filled with french knots.

So there you go, I hope you all love it and please send me pictures if you do use it, it gives me that warm fuzzy feel to know that people are enjoying my art.

hugs Paula x

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Paula! :-) It's lovely to make cute new designs, and Blossom will love it as a cushion on her bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I followed Jenny of Elefantz here. The Spring pattern is so lovely, thank you very much for sharing it with your fellow stitchers. I haven't decided yet how to use it but I know I will figure something out.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, and many, many blessings to you!
    Micelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm another that arrived here via Jenny's blog.
    I want to thank you for the lovely pattern.
    You are very kind to offer it.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for the nice pattern.
    Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Paula - this is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the pattern I will use it as a gift for christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula, Thank you so much.....it is a really cute design....

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is lovely, and thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey paula,
    love the felt scissor keeper pattern. I have a lot of felt and I been looking for a cute pattern. thank you. elodia hernandez fr. texas

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete