Sunday, August 30, 2009

A new Applique Cushion by Bareroots

I have been very slack with posting lately, but it seems like I have a dozen things on the go and just never seem to get anything finished! It is very frustrating, because I love that sense of achievement I get when I finish a project.
I have been trying to turn my Spring Garden pattern into a Sewing Machine cover (I changed my mind) for Jenny of Elefantz' competition and with two days to go, I don't think I'm going to make it unfortunately, I find it very difficult to sit at the machine for any length of time as you can imagine.

Are you like that? Do you get a real buzz when you finish something, but feel down when you don't get anything finished? Maybe I need to spend a day making pincushions so I feel I've acomplished something.

Anyway, here is the cushion I finished yesterday. It's from the Bareroots book Pretty and Cozy. I don't like how the red heart shows through the white heart, next time I will reverse applique the white heart. Also the pattern has a severe lack of photos, making it a challenge to follow the pattern at times.

3 comments:

  1. Your pillow is sweet.
    Yes, I know what you mean about feeling all buzzy and excited when finishing a project!! I wish I could finish things more often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's darling! And yes, I feel awful if I don't get a finish. When my machine went to the spa, I ended up hand-sewing a coaster just to get my fix, lol. It's depressing to work and work and work and not have something to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula, You have a wonderful blog! What a huge ordeal you've gone through with your surgery... I really hope things heal properly and a trip to the beach with your kiddos will just be the icing on the cake! I love your projects... it must feel so good to have stitching projects to fall back on while you're resting and healing.
    Have a fantastic day! Kimberly

    ReplyDelete