Monday, August 31, 2009

Sewing Machine Cover

I Made it! YEAH!

I hope that I made it in time, but I have finally finished my Sewing Machine cover for the Elefantz competition

I have been trying to get this project finish for sooo long and today I'm sitting here with a big grin on my face, because I finally have that sense of achievement!

I'm especially proud of myself as I had to teach myself how to use my left foot to sew, and my quilting lines are really quite straight! Surprise Surprise! hehehe
I sat at the sewing machine most of the day yesterday, to get it done. It was really uncomfortable as you can imagine with my leg the way it is, but I had to take my mind off things, because both my Mum and my Husband were stuck on the other side of the bushfires on the south coast of NSW in Australia. Thank goodness my hubby got home safe. Mum decided to stay up there until it was safer to drive home. They were stuck in Ulladulla and we live in Batemans Bay.
Anyway, here are my pictures for the competition, just click on them to be taken to Jenny's blog, there are some awesome entry's in the competition to give you some inspiration.
Do you like the whole I made for the handle? I was quite impressed with myself! hehehe I really really really want the win the book!! :)

Thanks Jenny and Cheryl I would never have finished this if it weren't for your competition!

18 comments:

  1. It looks great :) I love the colours you have used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really pretty, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Paula!! I love the whimsical design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cover is cute love the hole for the handle good luck in the draw
    hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The applique is terrific and the colours lovely. I was going to put a handle slot in mine.....but I got impatient and lazy....maybe I'll add one later. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow you did a great job. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love the ones with the embroidery. Yours is so cute and cheery.. Hope you get better soon, that must have worn you out but you made it. good luck in the challenge.
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am impressed with the handle opening! Good on you to think of it! Now your baby will be covered even when carried! I also love the colors and the embroidery is to die for!!!! love it!
    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful sewing machine cover. Very cheerful!

    I hope everyone is safe with that bushfire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely cover for your machine - thought the handle opening was a great idea.
    Happy stitching, P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola! Quedo bellísima su cubre máquina y los colores fantásticos! Suerte en la competencia! Abrazos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cover , love the colours and yes the handle hole !

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so pretty and clever - I love the hole for the handle! And I love your stitchery on the front. Great job!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is one mean sewing machine cover, and such lovely fabric. wasn't it great having the challenge to encourage us to get the job done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cover would you consider doing a patern for it? I bought your teacup carrier pattern and love it.
    Thanks

    p.s. hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Que linda ! Gostei muito,ótima idéia!
    beijos
    liége

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is terrific...well done...hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete